User Tag List

Thread: Offseason Winner / Loser

User Info Menu

Default Offseason Winner / Loser

Who currently is your offseason winner and loser so far?

My winners and losers:

Winner: Colorado Avalanche. The Avs have finally added a 2C to their squad in Kadri, allowing them time to continue to grow Jost and Compher. The Avs are wisely moving on from Varlamov and Tyson Barrie while Philliip Grubauer, Cale Makar and company all make their way into bigger roles on the squad.
    Not to mention, they still have $23 MILLION IN CAP SPACE. The Av's are setting themselves up nicely to be a top squad in the Central for a few years to come.

Loser: Minnesota Wild....
    Why did they sign Zuc to a 5 year deal? Why were they willing to pay him $6 million AAV when they are having issues deciding if they want to rebuild or continue toward another mediocre season to MAYBE make the playoffs? There is some interesting prospects making their way up over the next few seasons in Luke Kunin, Mason Shaw, and Jordan Greenway, but no one that really screams out to me as a "franchise savior". Until they are able to rid themselves somehow of the Parise / Suter contracts, Minnesota will always have one of the biggest challenges in putting together a winning team.
    Let's Go Blues

Twitter: @DangerPowers19

User Info Menu

I think the penguins fall with the wild as loser in the offseason. They still have jack johnson and EriK Gubbrandson on there defense plus they traded away Olli Maatta. I would be worried that defense is Pittsburgh.

User Info Menu

The Wild are going to be a dumpster fire. To an Avs fan that’s music to the ears haha

User Info Menu

I think the Minnesota slide began when they made the decision to build around Souter and Parise. Seems like it has been one disaster after another since. Great fans up there, but seems like it will be an uphill battle to get that ship back on course.
    Writer - overtimeheroics.net. WWE and NHL section

Follow me on Twitter @TomSkulley

Thread Information