User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browns expectations

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesNewsToday View Post
    I just think there's a whole lot wrong with what you just said!

1. AB is definitely not the best WR in the game! Julio and Hopkins are easily better than him.

2. The Steelers have a solid veteran in Moncrief to pair with JuJu. Their secondary is a little weaker but not a whole lot. The addition of Devin Bush will help solidify that defense.

3. Baltimore lost a few pieces on defense but drafted well in that department. Jaylon Ferguson, the NCAA career sacks leader, will definitely help out that defense. I agree that Lamar Jackson's passing needs to improve but their offense is still strong. The addition of Mark Ingram will allow Jackson to focus more on passing.

4. The Bengals obviously aren't the flashy team in this division but you can't overlook them. Dalton is not overrated. People understand that he's an average QB. That's a pretty accurate assessment on him. They have one of the top WR cores in the game with Boyd and Green. Their OL is awful which will hold them back a bit but their defense is still solid.

I just don't understand how adding Odell makes this team so great!

1. AB, in terms of statistics, is the best WR in the last, what, decade? Even if you believe Hopkins and Jones are better, he's still a top 3 WR. Point being, they lost one of the best players at the position. The drop off from AB to Moncrief is HUGE.

2. I did like the Devin Bush pick, but that won't cover up a bad secondary.

3. There was a reason that Ferguson fell as far as he did, despite being the NCAA career sacks leader. If Jackson doesn't take a huge step forward, there offense is one dimensional and teams will start to force Jackson to throw.

4. The Bengals offensive line is starting to look like a High School JV squad. Dalton is a very average QB, not one that will lead you to a Super Bowl. The definitely need to move on from him IMO. Green has had some injury concerns, missing 13 games the last 3 years, but to be fair so has OBJ. OBJ is also 4 years younger.

5. I never said the reason the Browns will be playoff contenders is because of OBJ. It is because of OBJ, Vernon, Greedy, Richardson, Hunt, etc. They added a LOT of good players while only losing a couple.

They got better at:

QB
    RB
    WR
    TE
    DE
    DT
    CB (Depending on how Greedy plays)
    K

They got worse at:
    OG (Corbett could be a good player, but Zeitler is a damn good OG).
    SS (Burnett will be okay, but Peppers is better).

They stay even at:
    OT
    C
    LB
    FS
    P

How could they NOT be better than last year?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KardiAkronMark View Post
    1. AB, in terms of statistics, is the best WR in the last, what, decade? Even if you believe Hopkins and Jones are better, he's still a top 3 WR. Point being, they lost one of the best players at the position. The drop off from AB to Moncrief is HUGE.

2. I did like the Devin Bush pick, but that won't cover up a bad secondary.

3. There was a reason that Ferguson fell as far as he did, despite being the NCAA career sacks leader. If Jackson doesn't take a huge step forward, there offense is one dimensional and teams will start to force Jackson to throw.

4. The Bengals offensive line is starting to look like a High School JV squad. Dalton is a very average QB, not one that will lead you to a Super Bowl. The definitely need to move on from him IMO. Green has had some injury concerns, missing 13 games the last 3 years, but to be fair so has OBJ. OBJ is also 4 years younger.

5. I never said the reason the Browns will be playoff contenders is because of OBJ. It is because of OBJ, Vernon, Greedy, Richardson, Hunt, etc. They added a LOT of good players while only losing a couple.

They got better at:

QB
    RB
    WR
    TE
    DE
    DT
    CB (Depending on how Greedy plays)
    K

They got worse at:
    OG (Corbett could be a good player, but Zeitler is a damn good OG).
    SS (Burnett will be okay, but Peppers is better).

They stay even at:
    OT
    C
    LB
    FS
    P

How could they NOT be better than last year?
    The Steelers will see a drop off at WR but not as much as you make it seem. Moncrief will help fill that void. Ferguson fell based on his measurables. I don’t think you can discredit him just for that reason! The Bengals won’t be great but they aren’t an awful team. They will likely finish in last but will be a tough team to beat. The Browns did not get better at every position! They improved but I don’t see how they make the playoffs. I just think these moves are more flashy than impactful
    Phillies News Today: The Latest News, Rumors, Reports, Game Updates and More for the Phillies
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilliesToday

User Info Menu

Cleveland should have high expectations. GM John Dorsey did a hell of a job this off season. So, I expect the Browns to go 10-6 this season. The offense has the potential to be great next season. And the defense will be one of top units in the league.

User Info Menu

Not a Browns fan but they're one of the most interesting teams heading into this season. If Kitchens can stay in control of all the big personalities I think they'll take a step forward from last season. That being said, I think the Steelers are gonna be better than a lot of people think. Also, what about those Ravens?

User Info Menu

Went over their schedule and the division. Can definitely see them being the winner of that division at 11-5, 12-4 Baltimore following them at 10-6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthandinchespodcast View Post
    Went over their schedule and the division. Can definitely see them being the winner of that division at 11-5, 12-4 Baltimore following them at 10-6
    What?!? I have them easily losing 6. 3 within the division and I can’t see them beating the Pats, Seahawks, and Rams
    Phillies News Today: The Latest News, Rumors, Reports, Game Updates and More for the Phillies
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilliesToday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information