User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Phillies team that was predicted to be top of the NL East?

User Info Menu

I think they're done. Outside chance they get the second wild card, but the Nats and Braves are just playing better ball right now.

I'm sure Phillies buy at the deadline, but so will the Braves and Nats. I bashed the Nats pretty hard but boy have they turned it around when I thought they were just caving in. Knew they were always good on paper.

In any case, Phillies may get better but don't think they will get enough to surpass the Braves and Nats who are also looking to get better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PWNdroia View Post
    I think they're done. Outside chance they get the second wild card, but the Nats and Braves are just playing better ball right now.

I'm sure Phillies buy at the deadline, but so will the Braves and Nats. I bashed the Nats pretty hard but boy have they turned it around when I thought they were just caving in. Knew they were always good on paper.

In any case, Phillies may get better but don't think they will get enough to surpass the Braves and Nats who are also looking to get better.
    Then who gets the second wild card spot? The Brewers have been worse than the Phillies as of late.
    Phillies News Today: The Latest News, Rumors, Reports, Game Updates and More for the Phillies
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilliesToday

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesNewsToday View Post
    Then who gets the second wild card spot? The Brewers have been worse than the Phillies as of late.
    Yeah Phillies could get that spot. It's certainly plausible. I think they're better than the Brewers.

So maybe "done" wasn't the right thing for me to say. Either way, I don't see them going far.

User Info Menu

Yeah Phillies could get that spot. It's certainly plausible. I think they're better than the Brewers.

So maybe "done" wasn't the right thing for me to say. Either way, I don't see them going far.
    A wild card game of Scherzer vs Nola would be crazy.
    Phillies News Today: The Latest News, Rumors, Reports, Game Updates and More for the Phillies

User Info Menu

Bryce Harper has been a bust so far. Unsure if he'll be in Philly for all 13 years of his contract.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joetalksstuff View Post
    Bryce Harper has been a bust so far. Unsure if he'll be in Philly for all 13 years of his contract.
    How’s he been a bust?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joetalksstuff View Post
    @PhilliesNewsToday He's even more blunt than I am.

User Info Menu

@PhilliesNewsToday He's even more blunt than I am.
    To say he’s a bust is just laughable

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesNewsToday View Post
    To say he’s a bust is just laughable
    I wouldn't say it's laughable in the least. All I said was he was more blunt.

The deal doesn't look great though, even the experts on television say he's not living up to potential. That's not laughable when writers and analysts say it. They're just not as blunt.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't say it's laughable in the least. All I said was he was more blunt.

The deal doesn't look great though, even the experts on television say he's not living up to potential. That's not laughable when writers and analysts say it. They're just not as blunt.
    Not living up to his potential because his potential is an MVP candidate. But he’s still having a solid season.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information